9.16.2006

Soci-Trabzon...what???


like in the old times...

and so was was the hour long queueing at the counter. Its kind of strange having a young lady taking your orders directly into a wireless device whilst being pushed my all those Russian tourists for whom the restaurant with the golden M is like promise land.
Today, spending a large amount of money for a Big Mac Menue plus Salad, I celebrated my departure from Soci and Russia, at last...
I'm not going directly to Georgia but to Trabzon in Turkey. The last three days have been full of disappointments. It seems that You just cannot plan a journey ahead just relying on info from the Internet. Its still the Telefon and lots of imponderabilities meaning you have to be there and ask people and then again and again.
I hate being dependent on the good will of a bunch of corrupt post-sovjet guys operating the only ferry there is to Georgia. They wanted me to wait for three days and then stand infront of the counter for another 5 hours in the morning for a ticket that not only I but many, many other people wanted. If theres a demand why isn't there a supply. I call that a market disfunction, or a monopoly...
I even went to the Abchasian border to ask about the chances of making it to Georgia via this ...Ananas-Entity. Being de facto governed by Russia it wouldn't be much of a problem to get in and through. They just wouldn't let me in at the Georgian border. Thats what the guys in the UN SUV told me.
As always short in time, gotta catch that ferry

The new Fotos are on the first flickr account. Check out the date and time, the most recent foto is on top. Foto 1Foto 2

1 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

crazy shit, just don't put on one of those blue helmets yourself. see you in instantinople on/before the 12th..
Conrad

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home