9.12.2006

Russian Riviera

Leaving the Krimea...














The new Fotos are on both flickr accounts. Check out the date and time, the most recent foto is on top. Foto 1Foto 2


I'm in a Russian tourist resort 50kms outside of Novorossisk. Its 320 kms to Soci and theres a boat to catch on friday 5pm. Theres also the usual bureaucracy hassle with registration and all. Lets see, how hes going to manage all this in just 2 ½ days. Maybe my left knee is going to save me from doing it all by bike...
To all the sceptics about taking the bus: the official mileage Berlin Tbilisi is 3147kms. I'm going to do more than 4000kms, so keep your mouths shut ;)
Well, its Russia again. The prices are twofold compared to Ukraine and the infrastructure is better. I have not and maybe will not get used to the idea of now being in Russia. Its not that different from Ukrain. Its just that theres all that political stuff that I'm thinking about even when in Berlin that keeps me from embracing it.
Anyway, people are nice and of course very exited about my journey. Today I got a honey melon just when I ran out of water.
Seems that I'm running out of time...
Theres going to be extensive day-today coverage of all the little details in Ukraine and Russia within the next weeks. Maybe I will update the pictures earlier so check out both flickr accounts.
Foto 1Foto 2