8.15.2006

Day5
Its raining outside. Just been to the postal office and got rid of 5kg. Last night I slept at what turned out to be a workers hostel. 6EUR incl. a bunch of construction workers. The guy I shared my room with was a 60yr old pensioneer from Poland still working abroad. He invited me for a drink and he told me lots of stories about places he'd been working during the last 35yrs. He didn't seem to feel sorry for his fate, he just said "my wife is working in Germany, what am I supposed to do, sit around at home with my measly pension?!"
About some German collegues he said they simply lacked the flexibility to go to a place like Irland. Next morning he got off to work at 5:30am.

I'm trying to make some kms on the Euro Highway today... but wait its already 2mp

Well, maybe tomorrow I will crack the 100 for the first time on this journey.